Parent Child Development Services
The Parent & Child Development Services (PCDS) program provides services for children (birth through age 5) and their parents to promote positive parenting, healthy child development and school readiness. All child development services include a range of activities designed to promote parent competence and healthy child development. Specific services are:
- Parenting education and support services
- Developmental screening, immunization status checks (and follow up)
- Access to other needed social and health services.
- Parent Child Interactive Groups
Parent Child Development Services Groups
These groups are Parent Child Interactive groups designed to help parents learn how to prepare and ready their children for a structured learning environment. These groups are available at 3 locations:
- Mondays 10am-12pm at Ockley Green School
- Thursdays 11am-1pm at the King School (bilingual English/Spanish speaking group)
- Wednesdays 3:30pm-5:30pm at the Human Solutions Rockwood Building (bilingual English/Spanish speaking group)
Enrollment Process is open to the community; please contact Community & Family Programs office to connect with a PCDS Educator. Parent Child Interactive groups are designed to help parents learn how to prepare and ready their children for a structured learning environment.