Through partnerships with Pacific Power & Light, Portland General Electric, NW Natural Gas and the City of Portland Water Bureau and HEAT Oregon, Self Enhancement, Inc.’s Community and Family Programs help families acquire and maintain affordable home energy and utility services. Our program offers eligible clients emergency assistance for electricity, gas, oil, wood, propane and water discount on a first come first serve basis by appointment.
Energy Hotline: (503) 240-0828
Energy hotline is updated regularly with the services that are available.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Oregon Energy Assistance Program (OEAP)
- Oregon Low Income Gas Assistance (OLGA)
- Gas Assistance Program (GAP)
- City of Portland Water and Sewer Discounts
- HEAT Oregon Neighbor Helping Neighbor
We schedule appointment every two weeks on Thursdays between 9:00-9:30 am Please call 503-240-0828
Please leave your name and a working phone number, please call once. We will return calls to the first 30 callers with 24 hours.
We will be scheduling appointments for PGE, Pacific Power, Oil, Propane, Northwest Natural Gas and the City of Portland Water Discount
Updated information: Beginning January 26. Every Tuesday from 9-11 am clients seeking assistance for Northwest Natural Gas and the City of Portland Water Discount can walk in to receive energy assistance for NWNG and the City of Portland Water Discount only.
Required Documentation: (please provide photo copies)
- 30-Day proof of gross income for ALL family members over 18 years of age
- Current Utility Bill (applicant’s name must be on bill)
- Social Security cards for ALL family members
- Picture Identification for ALL family members over 18 years of age
Your application will not be accepted if you do not have all of the above items with you.
There is no guarantee of assistance
Community & Family Programs
4803 NE 7th Ave.
Portland, OR 97211
SEI’s Energy Hotline: 503.240.0828
For all other matters please call: 503.285.0493